Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Glogster.edu

The web 2.0 tool that really caught my eye was the Gloster. I love being creative and I want to be able to use that in my classroom. I know from working with the students at Tennessee School for the Deaf that they love using technology and being able to post my different sites, including the one that I worked on for a web 2.0 tool (Delicious) and having it all there for them to access from one point would be really convenient

Have a look at my Gloster!


This was actually very easy to use once I got the hang of it. I wish that someone had told me that you have to just delete the original items the have on the page cannot be changed so just delete them and add new ones. I must have spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to write my name in front of classroom. After I got that all cleared I went through all the different backgrounds and there were so many fun ones but I tried to stick more to an educational looking background that wouldn't be super distracting to children. 

Adding links was very easy! I had all the web sites and clicked on the link button and then bam! they were all connected! I really like when you are looking at the glog after and it puts a pink circle around the "post it" where there is a link! This way everyone knows if you click on it, it will take it to the site. 

I learned all about this site, I had no idea that this existed before this web 2.0 task. I am glad that I got introduced to all these different tools and I have gotten some great new ideas to bring technology into my classroom. I learned that this is an easy task and you get a great looking clean result. I am a very organized person and would rather have this all on the computer then print out and have pages everywhere. This way I also know all the students will have the information that they needed and they cannot use the excuse 'I lost it' or 'I didn't know'. 

Next time I think that I will maybe get a little more creative and add pictures or more links to different sites that I am using in the classroom. I would even try to theme it to my classroom or the seasons or something that we are doing in class during that time. This way the kids are still interested and they want to look at the different changes I made. I may even add some fun links to it like a game site (educational of course) Maybe add one of those sites that they can make a crossword or puzzle with their spelling words and then give it to another classmate. 

I can also give this website to parents so they can check on what assignments are due, some tips for helping with homework or other useful sites for the parents. I can include my contact information on here too so that the parents have everything they need if there is a question. 

Overall I think this was fun to be introduced to a new site that can help me organize and get information out to my students, parents and even some other teachers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment