Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh So Delicious!

I got assigned delicious for my wiki project. I had never heard of delicious before this assignment and at first I wasn't looking forward to working with this one. Once I started to explore and saw that it was a social bookmarking website I started to use it for all my personal websites. I have had that problem where my old computer died and I had all of my pages saved in the bookmarks on that computer and had to go and track down all the sites again. If I had a delicious account I wouldn't have had to do that! 



I think this site was very easy to use and nothing went wrong when I was learning how to use this. I went in and already had a yahoo account and then started to add the URL's for all of my favorite sites. 


This is super easy to use and I am going to set up another one for my classroom so that I can share things and they do not have access to things like my facebook or other social sites that I have linked on my personal delicious account. I really like the feature for sharing all my links with friends and I can click on their names and see everything that they have in their bookmarks. 


The tags are an interesting part of this website because all of my peers are tagging what they think a website is to them and I can go through and look for other great sites to use in my classroom based on those tags. I really like the popular list that shows all the favorites at that time. It would let me see sites that I would have never been introduced to. 


In my classroom I would give all the students and even maybe parents (depending on how much I want them involved) the link to my classroom delicious page. This way all the information that I want them to see and different websites that I want them to look at will be there. They can link to them from any computer as long as they have my URL name to my delicious page. I can make a classroom website and add it to my delicious and it can have the assignments and different contact information and anything else I want them to have. 


I can also have the students create their own delicious pages and all link to each other this way we can see everyone's websites that they recommend or want to share with us. I will have to be careful with this to make sure that the students do not link a nasty website or something offensive. This is where I would have to have a lesson on etiquette on what they should and shouldn't do on this site. 


I think this is a great website and I am going to start to tell my friends about it so that we can all network and see the websites we all look at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment