Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Classroom Website

I was worried about doing this activity...I have never made a website or had any desire to do it, but as I have been working on it I feel like I am turning into a pro! I figured out how to do the background and add one from the website that Ginny showed us in class (http://backgrounds.mysitemyway.com/). I have been playing with the font colors and adding different pictures to make it interesting. I feel like now I am more comfortable I am personalizing it so that my students and parents could really get to know me! 



I wish that my teacher had this when I was in school because this is a great way to have the students look  at assignments and have all the resources located in one spot. I will use this in my classroom- I am going to save all the websites that we have found on the wiki and I will have special activities listed, extra practice, maybe even an extra credit project (something fun like a scavenger hunt...) I could have a section where I could have an about me for the students so they can each write something in class, then we can edit it together and take a picture and post it on the website. This way the students can feel like it is their website! 

I could see this being really helpful in a general education school for the group of teachers to communicate with all the students and parents or even just with each other. I know in my elementary school we worked as a team even though we were in different teachers classrooms. We did major activities together, like "west-ward-ho" where we all build wagons and then packed them with items that we needed on the trip. Then we all dressed up and walked around the field at school like we were traveling west. The teachers could have used the website to communicate with parents what was needed, provide pictures and even some extra reading assignments. 

Now that I understand how to make a website and can do it for my classes and even for other school projects that I have to do!! This was one of the most beneficial projects that we have done so far. 

Oh yea!!-- Here is the link to my classroom website (https://sites.google.com/site/meredithsdeafclassroom/home) 

No comments:

Post a Comment