Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Picasa- Web Albums- Maryland!

I really enjoyed doing this project! I like being able to have a choice and create something that shows who I am. I chose to do an album based off my home state, Maryland!!! I was born in D.C. but moved to Maryland when I was four, and lived there till I was 18 and moved to college. We had to find five images, one from a digital camera, one that we scanned in, one that we found from a free website, one screen shot, and one from the big box of art. This was my first time using Picasa, it was really easy. You just upload an image and then you can edit it and go to Picnik and it will save it back on the album for you. I only played with one of them in Picnik (the one that is the screen shot of my house I did a border).






I think that in a classroom I would use this at the beginning with the students and have them show me a few things about themselves. I don't think that I would make them find images from different places, I would let them bring in pictures and we could scan them in or I can bring in my camera and we can take pictures. This way they can introduce themselves and start to learn about their classmates. I could also use this with children that don't know many signs and take pictures of me doing the signs or from a book or even teach the kids the signs and take pictures of them doing it. This way they can have a reminder of the signs if they forget and can practice. I can also use this with different lesson plans, for example mine was on parasitism, mutualism and commensalism- I could take the pictures and make one to introduce the different topics, or with the activity instead of having them print out pictures they can make a slide show to put on the classroom website that shows the different symbiotic relationships. 


The only thing that I really had a hard time doing was picking what images I wanted! There were so many I wanted to choose and I had to limit that to the few that I did. I could go on and on about home especially in a creative way like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment