Friday, November 19, 2010

Digital Story - Camp Koinonia





This was my FAVORITE project! I had a little bit of a problem at first picking what I wanted to make a project on. Then I thought about camp. This is something that is not only important to me...but also to my mom! 


My mom went to Camp Koinonia in 1980 with Doc (my same teacher) at Virginia Tech. Then when I moved to Tennessee I saw this class and signed up for it without knowing it was the same class. My mom and I were talking about my schedule and I said I was taking Camp K-Something...she pulled out her shirt and it was the same class! 


I have done camp two years in a row now and last year I was a head counselor for Me Hearties. I was the best experience of my life. I wish that I had time to do it this year, but since I am graduating in May there is no time. 


I really liked how easy it was to pull the pictures into iMovie and use iTunes to pick my songs. The only thing that bothered me was that we could only use 30 seconds of a song. I wish that we could have used them for a longer time. 


I cannot wait to use this in my classroom. I want to be able to make one for the first day of class, so that I can show my students who I am and then I can have them make one about themselves. I think that this is a great way to bring technology into the classroom. I love creative projects and this isn't very complicated so it would be easy for students to do. 


Once I got the hang of how to put the music it was easy. The hardest part was waiting for the video to export. I am not a patient person when it comes to that stuff! 


But I hope you enjoy and get a feeling about what this camp experience is like :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment