Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spreedsheets- Excel

This has been my least favorite project yet. I don't think that I will ever use this in my classroom EVER. It was not fun to make, and I don't think that I would like to do a quiz like this in my class. It is an interesting idea to have them use the computers for this kind of test, but all it did was frustrate me.

 I used my idea with the planets again, to go along with what we are working on in the deaf school. I ran into the problem of having to double up on planets because you needed to have ten questions and there are only eight planets now. I think another thing that I would have to do for the kids that I work with would be adding a word bank. Spelling can be hard and not getting it perfect would cause them to get a wrong answer. I don't like the fact that the spreed sheet is only one page and it was hard to get a good picture on it that wasn't too small. 

Overall the instructions we easy to follow it was just a lot of going in a unlocking then locking and hiding and protecting and if something didn't work right you have to go back in again. I never knew that you could lock a spreadsheet so that the next person to look at it couldn't change it, but what is preventing a child that knows how to do that from unlocking it? I guess that would be where you would need the password. 

I hated having to merge the cells and then work on putting the writing up at the top and not the bottom, it was a lot more editing then I would like to use. I like tools that are easy and to the point. It is good that I know how to do this, but having to do this over and over along with all the other planning would drive me insane! It was a good learning experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment