Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspiration Project- Inner Planets


This was my Inspiration Project- I am volunteering at Tennessee School for the Deaf this semester in a science classroom and we are working on the planets so I thought this was a great time for me to learn more and base this project on them. 

I really liked Inspiration but the one downfall is that you have to buy the program to work on it at home or away from the lab, which I don't like. I like to work on things at home- when I can really focus and not being able to do that really stressed me out. 

The program is not hard to navigate around, all the information that you need is at the top in the tool box. It took some time to figure out where to click to add a new bubble off of the one I wanted it off of. I also kept clicking on the arrange button thinking that it would arrange them close to what I wanted but it really moved them and I had to start all over so you could see all the linking words. Changing the font and colors were easy- I chose something that looked more like the night sky with all the planets in it. I also attached the last four planets that Trisha talked about. (there is a link to her blog later!) 

I was worried at first I was going to have to find all the different pictures of the planets but Inspiration had them under 'Science' and then 'Space.' This was really helpful, because they were all the sized right, and they didn't have a background that I would have to worry about. 

I like the notes, I was able to add extra information and then those could hid- but I left them up in the picture so that everyone can see what information I added. We also had to use a link, so my main title, "Inner Planets" links to a NASA site, that allows the students to read more about all the planets. There are questions and other facts about the planets in a kid friendly way. 

Trisha Wall and I split up the planets and she did the outer ones. This way if we were team teaching one of us could go through the first four and then the other would go through the last four. This is Trisha's Inspiration that would be  taught after we went through the inner planets. 

They show the connection to each other by having the planets that are next or the planets that were already covered. 


No comments:

Post a Comment